Will you be compliant when the Regulator inspects your site?
The NSW Resources Regulator recently announced compliance priorities and enforcement activities to ensure a safe and responsible mining, extractive and petroleum industry. Two of the compliance priorities that inspections will be focusing on during September to December 2017 include:
- Hazardous chemicals – inspectors identified significant non-compliance issues at several mine sites. They will target larger operations across a variety of sectors to promote the safe storage, handling and notification of prescribed amounts of hazardous chemicals.
- Plant used in hazardous zones – inspectors will target designers, manufacturers and suppliers of equipment to ensure explosion-protection and compliance with the issued Certificate of Conformity.
The inspection program is designed to assess how effectively a mine or petroleum site is controlling risks associated with the operation’s principal hazard management and control plans. The Resources Regulator’s Chief Compliance Officer warned that non-compliant sites could face sanctions, such as written warnings, penalty notices and possible cancellation of titles. Workshops) have been developed to support operators and encourage compliance.
Advitech’s Processing Engineering team has accredited dangerous goods consultants (AIDGC) and qualified Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) consultants. With extensive mining experience, we can help you meet your regulatory compliance and safety obligations.
- Have your been audited in the last 12 months?
- Are your SDSs up to date?
- Do your chemical bunds comply with Australian Standards?
- Do you have effective procedures for safe delivery, handling, storage and use of hazardous chemicals?
- Are your hazardous areas classified correctly?
- Do you have a hazardous area classification (HAC) report?
- Do you have a hazardous area verification dossier?
- Are your procedures effective for electrical maintenance and new equipment?
If you answered no to any of these questions, talk to our Process Engineers about how you can achieve compliance. Call +61 2 4924 5400.